-Recuperate (enough said)
-Out of combat 50% heal
-Glyph of evocate (40% HP)
-Spell steal HoTs
-Shields + Mage Armour to help with DoT's
* I guess mages heals are relatively weak too, but they are not dependent on them, and 40% is a good clutch heal.
-2% HP every 10 seconds. This is literally not even noticeable, and requires 5+2 points in BM
-Chimera Shot (31 pt Marksman talent) , 5% maximum HP on hit. Its like bloodthirst except no bloodcraze/secondwind/enraged regen to help. Its weak.
1) Make Spirit Bond baseline, learned at level 10. As long as your pet is alive, you and your pet regenerate 2% of your maximum HP every 5 seconds.
-Then make Improved Spirit Bond to replace the talents.
Improved Spirit Bond: Increases the amount healed by spirit bond by 50/100%.
2) Make Chimera Shot restore 10% maximum health (up from 5%)
3) Change Black Arrow so that:
When Black Arrow ends or is dispelled, the hunter instantly gains 15% HP and the COOLDOWN of his next Black Arrow is reset
This would mean that Black Arrow still has its cooldown, but if it runs its full course (or is dispelled) it can be instantly reapplied.
This would mean that you could have close to 100% black arrow uptime in PvP and PvE if you did it right.
4) Make Aimed Shot heal for 5% maximum HP as well, and BUFF ITS DAMAGE. Would make it more fun and viable to use in both PvE and PvP, and MM is already behind SV in PvE so it wouldn't hurt.
5) Make Kill Command restore 5% of the hunters maximum health IF BM (make it a talent or baseline for picking BM)
If you added the above :
-All hunters would have 24% base heal from spirit bond every 60 seconds, assuming your pet is alive
-If you go into BM you can increase that to 48%
-MM Hunters would get 10% from Chimera Shot rather than 5%, and Aimed Shot would also heal for 5%, giving them enough self healing to power through DoTs.
-Aimed Shot would also hit harder, increasing PvE DPS and fun.
-SV Hunters would have a 15% heal from Black Arrow (if dispelled or allowed to tick for full duration). This is a pretty decent heal, but is not on-demand.
-Black arrow could now have close to 100% uptime, but still has a cooldown so you can't target swap it until you wait for it to finish or be dispelled.
-BM Hunters would have imp spirit bond + 5% off kill command. They could also get a spirit beast for more heals.
ALL THIS WOULD DO IS:
A) Make us hardier in longer fights.
B) Make us more enjoyable to play, in both PvE and PvP.
C) Allow us to survive a DoT or Bleed.
It wouldn't make us that much better in competitive PvP, it would just give us a nice little survivability buff.
EDIT: For comparison, I think a rogue with talented recuperate restores 100% of his maximum health every 60 seconds. He also has cloak + vanish + blind + Dismantle and evasion, smoke bomb, you name it to survive.
Just making sure people don't see OMG 48% spirit bond SO OP
Of course, all pures are now better self-healers than hybrids, for some unimaginable reason.
The best way to give hunters a self-heal would be something that consumes focus, like some sort of frenzied regen. You could spam steadies while it's running to get more health out of it, but you wouldn't be doing much damage.