For the L-iance!
Me and many other Alliance players have grown dissatisfy with our current symbol, the Stormwind Lion (as seen on Stormwind Tabard ) as our factions symbol is it represents Stormwind for more then the Alliance as a whole. And, lets fact it, the Lion looks bad on T-shirts and bumper Stickers and is pretty generic. Even diehard Alliance fans would rather not be seen with it, and even if they where most people would think "He must REALLY love the Lion King".
So, what I would suggest is that we use the older Symbol for the Alliance, the Lordaeron stylized L (as seen on Royal Crest of Lordaeron ). After all, even though Lordaeron as a kingdom is dead, it still part of the Alliance's way of life. The full name of the Alliance is in fact "The Alliance of Lordaeron" and I believe it should still honor this, especially in remembrance of its fallen comrade.
Now we still see the symbol in heave use by the Alliance today. For example,
- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/race/human shows it's still a major part of the human identity as it is part of the human crest. Here is a close up view http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/wow-races?view=&keywords=human#/human04
- It is on the wrath of the Alliance achievement (As you can see here in my PvP achievements tab http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cairne/Drede/achievement#95:a604).
- It is on EVERY flagged Alliance NPCs Name Plate and is on EVERY flagged Alliance players Name Plate.
- It is on EVERY Alliance Airship. (Skybreaker, Skyfire, etc.)
- It is on EVERY PVP Score board and Battle Ground marker representing the Alliance.
- It's on the PvP tab as well as your mini map when queued for PvP.
- It is used in the Theramore flag, as well as being used as flags for Northwatch and Honor Hold.
So it IS one of the Alliances symbols and should treated as such.
Now what about the Forsaken some may ask? Well it's not their symbol. Their symbol is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/wow-races?view=&keywords=forsaken#/undead05 and is plaster in every area they own. The only clear case of them using the L is as a secondary symbol on the Horde lvl 60 PvP shield. All other uses relating to them are from before the 3erd war.
It is also use by the Scarlet Crusade, a anti undead and anti Forsaken group. Only they dyed theirs red.
So without further ado, I present this edit I skillfully made in MS paint (>_>) to better fit the Alliance. http://dreadcross.deviantart.com/#/d55s3rf
If you want to see the L used more, especial by the Alliance you can show your support by putting it on bumper stickers and T shirts or just by using it to show your faction pride.
For the L-iance!